• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sight Visit Measurement App

jtinker

Owner
So while developing our pricing software we decided to develop an app to solve a problem that we see a lot here at the shop and uses the solution we use to solve it. We forget our measuring tape, the tape isnt long enough or not handy at the time. Someone stops you and you being the businessman that you are try to sell and need measurements on the fly, a client sends in a picture with the location they want to install and the need a price now but dont want to pay for the visit out there or there simply just isnt enough time.

What we do is have them take an image and then in photoshop or flexi is find something in that image they sent and look for something we know the exact size of, a light switch, a tile or outlet socket. Then scale the image based off of the measurements. We developed an app called SightVisit® that puts that into your phone. Currently only ios supported. Here are some images of it in action.

IMG_4087.PNG
Select or Take image

IMG_4088.jpg IMG_4089.PNG
Select Reference Sample, in this case 3"w x 4"h

IMG_4090.PNG
Select Crop of Desired Area

IMG_4091.PNG
Outputs Dimensions

Estimated Dimensions (6.08 x 17.39)
Actual Dimensions (6.0 x 17.5)

Its not for sale atm, just thought I would share.

AF

Invest in a quality laser distance finder (Leica based unit) and keep it in your vehicle. Problem solved.

jtinker

Owner
not really meant to replace an industry specific tool. More of a quick and easy way to get for the most part accurate measurements for estimation & price calculation purposes. Plus its on your phone so if youre like most people, it will always be with you. So when you get "I want it THIS big" or someone just sends you a picture, which we get all the time it comes in handy. It wont replace a $300 piece of equipment but it works and its free.