• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Hardware

Neila Printing

Has anyone seen similar hardware to this? Customer wants to add some additional signage that matches. Trying to avoid having to completely fabricate if possible. Something pretty close may fly

20230302_151215.jpg

2B

Paul Nadeau

Hello guys I am looking to see what you all use to hang shingles one below the other. Shared space I am making a sign for had a large main sign with smaller equal sized signs hanging one from the other. Open hooks done work. Carabine doesn't allow me to get far enough from the edge of the dibond and i'm afraid it will tear through eventually. Everything I have seen or tried is either bulky or rusts quickly outside. I would love to see what you are all doing. They do not want a track running from post to post just free hanging signs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya oughta tell them, that's about the worst way you can do it.

Based upon their size, material, height in the air, and sign placement, there's no one who can really advise you on what to do. One of those suckers break loose and go sailing across a parking lot, could decapitate someone, then you'll be looking for a good lawyer, instead of a cheap bad way of hanging a sign. There are ways to make them free-standing, but not by connecting them with chains or hangers. Inside of a store.... yes, but not if these are outside.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Hello guys I am looking to see what you all use to hang shingles one below the other. Shared space I am making a sign for had a large main sign with smaller equal sized signs hanging one from the other. Open hooks done work. Carabine doesn't allow me to get far enough from the edge of the dibond and i'm afraid it will tear through eventually. Everything I have seen or tried is either bulky or rusts quickly outside. I would love to see what you are all doing. They do not want a track running from post to post just free hanging signs.
Galvanized S hooks are relatively common for that type of install, but... ACM is the wrong material for the panels (IMO, as the kids say). Just the minimal weight of the panel itself, and it swinging in just a mild breeze, is going to start to tear the material. Adding panels below it will just compound the problem. You can put a grommet in to mitigate that, but it looks terrible. A better option would be to use aluminum, like .063" pre-finished white. That would keep the panel lightweight, but allow it to hold up to conditions better.