• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signmaker IVb: Error Message 14

mottsigns

Hi,

Can run a plot but when it is finished and tries to "find home" it spins and raises up and down and gives an "Error 14" message. The shows the plot as still open even after closing the . Control panel shows the COM port as not having any issues. It has operated normally for one plot after reboot but not now on start up it spins and raises up and down gives the error message.

GQMgr throws out a Device Error Instruction window which says "Communications error on: SMIV-15GS-1 (COM 1:) spooling ~tmpF2.tmp (2)"

Anyone have experience with this?

Going to try the blow out the dust bunnies and check connections and belts etc. routine.

Thanks.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If it can't find home then possibly the "home" sensor is going bad or dusty. I have had to replace the home sensor on a gerber 375 plotter in the past.

mottsigns

Hi,

Can run a plot but when it is finished and tries to "find home" it spins and raises up and down and gives an "Error 14" message. The shows the plot as still open even after closing the . Control panel shows the COM port as not having any issues. It has operated normally for one plot after reboot but not now on start up it spins and raises up and down gives the error message.

GQMgr throws out a Device Error Instruction window which says "Communications error on: SMIV-15GS-1 (COM 1:) spooling ~tmpF2.tmp (2)"

Anyone have experience with this?

Going to try the blow out the dust bunnies and check connections and belts etc. routine.

Thanks.

Thanks, I'll give I a blow and go and see I that does it.