• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silver Medal Question

sign tek

I am printing Silver Medal directly to yellow vinyl and am having a problem with the foil sticking. when i open the lid to the fx the heating strip has a bunch of the foil built up across it. dose this mean the foil is no good? i have tried printing 300x300, 600x300, and 600x300 with the foil turned on hot and all three times it has the same results. The foil was purchased less than 6 months ago from my supplier, any ideas?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If it is sticking to the print head, it is because you are burning right through the carrier sheet. What does it do at a normal heat setting?

What brand and series vinyl are you printing on?

It is also possible that the foil is not advancing properly. I've had a couple of cartridges over the years that would physically jam causing the foil to tear. Check to see if the foil can be run forward without problems and that there are no broken plastic pieces on the end sprocket of the cartridge.

we've had foils stick sometimes. we always on one perticular file, on the yellow, it always sticks at one end, everytime! never have much trouble with our foils sticking, but, it happens every now and again.