• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sinalite compromises credit cards - A PSA

Signscorp

Sinalite out of Ontario Canada is continuously compromising my credit cards. Just putting this out there in case anyone is ordering from them and hasn't figured it out yet.

You can use their Paypal pay option instead and your card won't get compromised.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Sinalite out of Ontario Canada is continuously compromising my credit cards. Just putting this out there in case anyone is ordering from them and hasn't figured it out yet.

You can use their Paypal pay option instead and your card won't get compromised.

Signscorp, any further details on this? e.g., what exactly did you notice, are you sure it's Sinalite, etc.?

I've been using Sinalite for a few years now, and keep a pretty good eye on my statements -- nothing out of the ordinary as of yet (knock knock knock).

Black Star

Not A New Member

Interesting.... My card was just stolen and I use Sinalite often.

Signscorp

Interesting.... My card was just stolen and I use Sinalite often.
yes it's like clockwork with them for me. I have two shops and two credit cards so it was a little easier to figure out. This month someone accidentally used my card with sinalite, and i started seeing random charges from Quebec and Mississauga again.

Signscorp

Signscorp, any further details on this? e.g., what exactly did you notice, are you sure it's Sinalite, etc.?

I've been using Sinalite for a few years now, and keep a pretty good eye on my statements -- nothing out of the ordinary as of yet (knock knock knock).
Nice that it isn't happening to you! Might as well switch to their paypal option for paying to stay safer though

They've clearly had a large IT breach there. We have a sinalite specific email that only receives emails from sinalite and nowhere else. back in the spring that email was absolutely bombarded with spam. We're talking 200+ emails in an hour. They also have the name of a specific employee, that isn't really listed on any other suppliers info, and they used that person's info when trying to buy some tires online.

I called their client team about it, and was told "The managements team is aware, so you don't have to worry about it"

I've whittled down all my suppliers and eliminated them as I've gotten new cards after existing ones are compromised.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Nice that it isn't happening to you! Might as well switch to their paypal option for paying to stay safer though

They've clearly had a large IT breach there. We have a sinalite specific email that only receives emails from sinalite and nowhere else. back in the spring that email was absolutely bombarded with spam. We're talking 200+ emails in an hour. They also have the name of a specific employee, that isn't really listed on any other suppliers info, and they used that person's info when trying to buy some tires online.

I called their client team about it, and was told "The managements team is aware, so you don't have to worry about it"

I've whittled down all my suppliers and eliminated them as I've gotten new cards after existing ones are compromised.

Ugh. Horrible. Guess it would be wise to make the necessary payment changes with them. Thanks for the heads up!

White Haus

Not a Newbie

That's pretty bad. I would assume they've got some pretty serious legal exposure there if they're not in compliance while storing card/client info.

I've never used them before but definitely won't now. Thanks for the heads up.

CanuckSigns

THATS WHO IT WAS!?! I'm on my 3rd credit card now in 3 months due to compromises, and I use Sinalite, that explains it. Also they had a system wide outage about a month ago and someone on another forum I was on said it was a ransomware attack.

Signscorp

THATS WHO IT WAS!?! I'm on my 3rd credit card now in 3 months due to compromises, and I use Sinalite, that explains it. Also they had a system wide outage about a month ago and someone on another forum I was on said it was a ransomware attack.
yeah glad to help man. So frustrating to constantly have cards getting compromised.

CanuckSigns

One of the 3 times I got compromised recently, they bought $30,000 in Google ad words credits, not sure why they chose that as I'm sure once visa reverses to charges, Google voids those credits so I don't know how they turn that into real money. The most recent time they bought 3 MacBook pros in the morning, and tried to buy 5 iPhone's later the same day, but someone from apple called me to confirm it was me making the purchases.

It's wild out there, imagine how much a company like apple must write off due to this crap.

victor bogdanov

One of the 3 times I got compromised recently, they bought $30,000 in Google ad words credits, not sure why they chose that as I'm sure once visa reverses to charges, Google voids those credits so I don't know how they turn that into real money. T
The can spend the $30k in ads in 5 minutes, that's $30k worth of traffic to an Amazon listing or similar where purchases/affiliates can be turned into "real money"