• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent dye-sub ink supplier needed

Warped&Proud

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get solvent based dye-sublimation ink for an HP Scitex XL1500 DS.

We use one of these units exclusively for 8-color dye-sublimation via a paper transfer method. However, we are unhappy with the potential gammut from the stock HP dye-sublimation ink. The greens are often too dull, cannot achieve a true cyan (too blue or too green), mustard yellows often too dull or desaturated looking. It's not a matter of profiling as each method/device/software used produces very similar color gammut holes.

Hillord (PrintSupplyCity) inks are not a viable option as we are running that ink on another of our printers and it has very similar color issues. And horrible runability.

We are running J-Tek J-eco Subly Nano on our Mimaki JV4-180 and love it's color range and runability. But that's Aqueous ink and can't run in our Xaar head-based printers without destroying them.

Would anyone happen to know of a solvent based dye-sublimation ink that would work in a printer that uses Xaar print heads like this unit, and have a similar (or better) potential color gammut to the J-tek ink?

Anything, really!

C

ColoPrinthead

I had good results switching to Sawgrass inks on JV3s and know they make them for HP machines (not sure about your model but you can check their website).

WildWestDesigns

Sawgrass inks are good sublimation inks. The ColorSure Palette comes really close as far as color matching. I haven't found a color that doesn't match up (yet anyway, had to add in that yet).

Warped&Proud

Oh well, Sawgrass isn't going to work. Won't work in the Xaar print heads -- it'll destroy them. At 32 heads X $500 a pop, that's something I can't afford.

Any other options?