• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

something not right with file conversion?

gabagoo

I have used the edge for over 15 years and today I have experienced something weird and different.

I use Signlab to set up my files and then send them as a gad file over to omega and then do all my colour changes and cut info

When I need to cut something I send it over as a magenta or if there is white in the file I will send it also over as magenta so it can be seen.

Today I do that and send it over and when I go to select process colours it never sees the magenta and has turned it back to white. This is very odd to have never had this happen before, so I again went back and looked over the file and re exported. Same thing happened. I then came back and changed all magenta to green and re exported and yes it sees the green.

I disregarded what had happened and thought maybe it was the illustrator file that had some issues and now I send something over again only this time I have set it up in signlab and again it refuses to see magenta.

anyone ever experienced this?

I will add that it is just a magenta that appears in the signlab colour pallette. nothing special about it that I can think of.

very odd

Fred, you out there?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have no experience in the path you're taking but it sounds like the magenta swatch in SignLab is at the heart of the problem. So see what happens if you create a new swatch of 100% magenta and use it in place of the existing one. If that doesn't work, then I would wonder if something in your color management might be causing it. Omega has a Black/White filter that could be causing the behavior.