• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for these style of exit signs?

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
Good morning, trying to find a supplier for these style of signs. I found a company that supposedly makes them but they haven't returned my messages. If anyone has a source for these or can produce them please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_5135-1.jpg
    IMG_5135-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5136-1.jpg
    IMG_5136-1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5133 2-1.jpg
    IMG_5133 2-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 117

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Those are explosion proof fixtures. The sign would likely need to be UL listed even if it is not self lit. You can buy explosion proof exit signs, they are $$$

rjssigns

Good morning, trying to find a supplier for these style of signs. I found a company that supposedly makes them but they haven't returned my messages. If anyone has a source for these or can produce them please let me know.
Could be from here...

sinclairgraphics1

Those are explosion proof fixtures. The sign would likely need to be UL listed even if it is not self lit. You can buy explosion proof exit signs, they are $$$
Yeah, they are pricey, not even worth me ordering and marking it up for my customer. I'll just send them straight to the source.

Johnny Best

You could make those thin plastic covers that say Exit really easily, and charge accordingly. Why would you pass on something so easy to do and make some money?

sinclairgraphics1

You could make those thin plastic covers that say Exit really easily, and charge accordingly. Why would you pass on something so easy to do and make some money?
Sure, but it needs to be blast proof. Is this something you can make easily? I pass on stuff not worth my time. If you can make them, I'll certainly purchase them from you.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm curious about the terms, "blast proof" and "fire retardant". I'm also confused about the regulations on these things. Like, what exactly about that sign contributes to a blast if there is a fire? Like how much of a blast is it going to create?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Explosion proof. It's a lighting fixture in a class 1 division 1 area. Everything has to be explosion proof meaning, the conduit and boxes can contain an explosion inside of the bodies without igniting the potentially explosive atmosphere that it is in. The conduits have seal offs to prevent the internal explosions from migrating through the whole electrical system and each box is machine fit which allows the gasses to escape from an internal explosion without igniting and/or blowing the stuff apart. It's all threaded rigid pipe.
The concern would be the material used for the sign melting or burning because it is right on the light fixture. Every electrical component is UL and would assume that the sign would also need a UL approval for that use.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's one exploding a few counties over. Seems someone had a burrito for supper, went back to work and f@rted. They were using Johnny's version. Lit up the whole night sky.

1666126371162.png