• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 right pinch roller not detecting?

geckophoto

I at times randomly get this, after numerous times sliding the roller I usually get it to read, what causes this and is there a way to bypass the edge detection and manually configure the size so I can get it to print/cut?

damonCA21

It is normally the sensor on the head carriage starting to fail or it has got dirty. Sometimes cleaning them will help, just use some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud or sponge stick. Also make sure the roller is in the correct marked area on the metal bar they attach to.

damonCA21

If this doesnt work it could also be the print carriage cable needs replacing ( the long one that goes from the print head to the servo board and is sandwiched between the plastic sheets ). These will wear from all the back and forth movement over time and can cause cracks in the cable traces. Last thing it could be is the servo board failing

garyroy

Of course, we're assuming that you always have it positioned in the Blue Sensor area.
You do know that the right and left pinch rollers have to be in the field of the blue senor on the head rail, correct?

cornholio

Flex cable to tool carriage. I think the cable guides are not available anymore.(I allways replaced them together with the cable)

damonCA21

I have replaced quite a few, and never replaced the guides unless they have cracked, which I have only seen a couple of times. They are generally fine to leave, and it makes replacing the cable easier if you leave them in place as you can slide it between them and feed it along back to the servo board

MrDav3C

I had various pinch roll errors on my SP540V towards the end of last week (had been printing full wraps pretty much non stop for the past month). Spoke to my tech guy who services the printer, he said he was pretty certain it would be the carriage cable, I cleaned the sensor with isopropyl & the problem hasn't came back yet, hopefully that's all it needed, guess only time will tell!