• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Staic Cling Solution?

Rising

Hello Fellas and lasses. We have a project about to hit us for a good client of ours where we are in house digitally printing 1.6m x .7m static cling media. Easy right? Yes it is but there's more!

In this dimension we are to cut out the whole centre on our plotter so leaves a window effect for a display already insitu. So what we will have is a digitally printed frame left. The customer does not need install and will have shop managers do it

Knowing that digi printed static can get kinda stretchy because of the ink Im a little wary about letting the cust do it them selves. So does anyone have any suggestion how we can best supply only, over 100 pieces of this without the client getting into much difficulty?

I have already thought of clipping the inner corners at artwork stage as I think a 90 degree corner will be weaker than a clipped one. We have also decided to print this in a low res so hopefully depositing less ink (We have a JV33)

Any help greatly appreciated.

steve

petepaz

try laminating clear vinyl the the side that won't stick to the window so it is a little thicker that may make it easier to work with

Bill Modzel

What about leaving the center in place and attached with a number of small connections
that could easily be hand cut after installation?

Rising

Thanks for the reply's fellas.

Bill. We did think of this one too, but these will be used for promo purposes so will be potentially up and down a bit. As you can imagine these are gonna be a cumbersome piece for a retail manager

Pete good idea, will do a test on this.