• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Start of a Logo

x2chris7x

So this is the start of a logo... Large S was customers idea. I still have work to do on this, but thought I would post it to get some feedback for others...

Sorry for the poor quality image and watermarks, sending this to the customer as well

Attachments

• SSTT (Proof).jpg
    SSTT (Proof).jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 140

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, it's refreshing to see something that's not copied. I kinda like it. It's a little too frilly for my personal taste, but it's good. Some minor tweaks and I think you'll have it with the biggest tweak being making the top of the 'S' a little larger so it fits better.
:thumb:

neato

You know, when a customer requests that I use a giant letter for multiple words, I cringe, but you pulled this off well. Very nice work!

shoresigns

Great job on the script, but Copperplate Gothic doesn't look appropriate at all, nor does it pair well with the script.

Craig Sjoquist

1st thing I saw was ....assy .... not sure how to correct, some ideas double S, add a S, tighten assy to S more, change angle of words.

I kinda liked what ya did but what I saw first

OldPaint

the "n" dont need to be as big as the other lower case letters.........the TEA TIME font........dont go with the other......try somethin NOT TILTED.......a little heavier, more old fashioned

SignProPlus-Chip

All of that flourishy scribble in the bottom of the bis S is extremely distracting. It's fighting with the teacup on the right and winning.

paul luszcz

I'd like to like it, but I see "S weet -n- assy". You can try moving weet and assy closer, but I expect the problem to remain.

Jillbeans

While I can see where you are trying to go with this, it seems a bit too disjointed and you do not want people to read "assy".
Do the word Sweet as you have it, maybe drop the "weet" slightly and move it a bit tighter to the S, and then do n Sassy underneath it in all lower case.
I do not like the slanted copperplate, I would try to use a different font, and not slant it, for tea room.
Love....Jill

shoresigns

I do not like the slanted copperplate, I would try to use a different font, and not slant it, for tea room.
Love....Jill

Don't know how I missed that. Copperplate Gothic was not designed for italics, and generally it's a good rule of thumb to not add a slant to a serif font.

Unlike many of the others have pointed out, I never read it as "assy" and I still don't. In my opinion, if it were supposed to read as "assy" it would be "Assy" with an uppercase A. To me, what the logo spells out is quite obvious.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind, I don't have the same fonts or flare as the OP, but this should suffice. I believe if you make the 'S' more realistic in size and put each word with a major portion of the letter, there will be more continuity, such as either of these. Now the words aren't floating by themselves. Also, don't use the copperplate. This one is fancy enough.

Add whatever gingerbread you want, but don't overdo it.

Attachments

• sweet.jpg
    sweet.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 104
  • sweet 2.jpg
    sweet 2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 109