• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaks through the print >>> WHY???

Dennis422

As a complete newb to digital printing, I would expect this to be a stupid question.

I have been trying to print some transfers, but I have also seen same issues on some other materials.
Is this an issues connected with the wrong profile or there is something wrong with my printer?

I have bought an uses Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48". Had a tech in and he got it up and running, changed both heads and unclogged the drain lines.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• 2013-08-15_22-54-55_587.jpg
    2013-08-15_22-54-55_587.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 138

artbot

lines like that are usually from too high of ink load for that particular color. in your rip, there will be some "ink limits". i'd read up on the (or maybe youtube) and get an understanding of how to get the right color with the least amount on ink down. it can also be caused by improper heat settings.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While it might be what art said, save that setting or profile, cause if ya ever have to do a job and it look like AstroTurf.... you got it down pat with that one :wink:

As a complete newb to digital printing, I would expect this to be a stupid question.

I have been trying to print some transfers, but I have also seen same issues on some other materials.
Is this an issues connected with the wrong profile or there is something wrong with my printer?

I have bought an uses Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48". Had a tech in and he got it up and running, changed both heads and unclogged the drain lines.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

The place to begin in troubleshooting banding is with the Nozzle Check Test Print, from the front panel of the printer. Nozzle problems are the first and foremost cause of banding. Secondary causes can be more varied, and may include media feed, ink lay down order (chromatic banding), and other less common causes. Always begin with the obvious, and that is the nozzles.

rfulford

lines like that are usually from too high of ink load for that particular color. in your rip, there will be some "ink limits". i'd read up on the (or maybe youtube) and get an understanding of how to get the right color with the least amount on ink down. it can also be caused by improper heat settings.

+1 Too much ink or not enough heat.

first I would do a feed calibration cause I see the banding in the black as well as the green
There is banding in the black, you're correct. In my experience with the Falcon Outdoor machines running solvent ink, the root problem is almost always nozzle-related.

artbot

also, remember your heat and ink load relate to the speed of the print setting used. higher resolution (more passses) will require lower heat because of longer dwell time per inch. if you have sped the print up for this job but not changed the heat setting, you are dealing with a shorter dwell time per inch.

Dennis422

WOW, a lot of info here. I guess I know what I need done over the weekend........ try everything mentioned :)

Thanks guys