• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stroke in large size prints

Morph1

Print all
Hey all,
Just have a simple question,
first off I do generate my vector graphics in corel draw then export to eps and work it in PS for a print output adding all the nice stuff (bevels , halos ets ) , how ever I noticed that when I assign stroke as an outline to my lettering or whatever I noticed that on a 90o corners the stroke filter will round the corner and it makes it choppy ..., is there a way to fix it ??.,
you can not notice it when you deal with small size format, but when your letters print out at 40" of height or something similar you can really see it..., is there a way of correcting it ???? smoothing the corners???

thanks.

Ponto

The outline (stroke) dialogue box in Corel enables one to change the intended effect and this will change the appearance at different scales.
Double check the parameters and make sure the scaling is enabled. Hope this helps....

JP

Morph1

Print all
thanks for the reply,

I am relating to Photoshop not corel paint,
I vector design my graphics in Corel Draw I manipulate the shapes in Photoshop , its the photoshop stroke filter that is giving me the problem..

hope this helps in understanding my question.

Morph1

Print all
full size at 120 dpi, the corers look like they lack curve and are replaced with 4 - 6 point straight line interpolated curve.

Malkin

This happens to me in Illustrator as well, and there is a tool to fix/control it. I can't find a similar tool in PS, although I only have v6 here at home. I don't know about newer CS versions.

Morph1

Print all
too bad nobody has a solution within PS,
I am using the 64 bit cs4 , in regards to generating the corel outline I can do that sure, but this would mean a double the exported files, I wanna have a fast workflow, there shouldn't be an issue with the photoshop stroke but there is .... there should be an option to leave corners at 90o or rounded and if rounded there should be an interpolation spinner or something of that type..... shame on photoshop :scream: :smile::smile:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I don't like outputting raster images from CorelDRAW. Whenever I take CorelDRAW generated artwork into Photoshop for embellishment I always work with vector-based paths. The process is faster, far more precise and consumes far less hard disc space.

Unfortunately, since CorelDRAW does not support AICB Postscript on the clipboard it becomes necessary to first open the CorelDRAW artwork in Adobe Illustrator. Often I'll just save the .CDR file down to version 9 compatibility and then open the .CDR file straight into Illustrator. I seem to get more unpredictable results when using Corel's .AI or .EPS export filters. When the artwork is opened into Illustrator the vector paths can then be copied to the clipboard. I create a new Photoshop file (already sized to the dimensions of the paths on the clipboard) and paste the paths into the paths palette.

This approach requires any "live" effects such as outline strokes to be expanded into fully editable paths. I'm not a big fan of CorelDRAW's convert outline to object filter for some of the wacky stuff that can happen. Same goes for the contour filter. I prefer using Illustrator's path offset filter for creating fully editable object outline effects.

Morph1

Print all
Why would you work in vector based program as corel and then export again to a vector program as Illy then process it all in ps ??,
I export all my vector graphics with in one file as eps or ai and work it away in ps, I have never ever seen more messed up artwork coming from illustrator than any other vector based application..., if you in only print business maybe thats ok , but when you want clean paths for router table or a simple plotter forget the pen tool , cause it just makes a mess,
anything I get from illustrator to be sent for production other than print is a mass of extra work trying to convert everything from a pen line to a double path line ... ,
anyhow guys I was looking for a solution for with in PS unfortunately nobody seems to come up with a PS based solution so I guess I wll be mounting everything from a vector application into PS including the outline paths..

thanks for all the effort in trying to resolve the issue.
:thankyou: