• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stupid california sign brokers!

visual800

Got an email from a broker in CA. Wanted 2 set channel letters put up in city and removal of old. gave them a quote , they were pleasde and I started submitting insurance, w2 and vehicle insurance. they came back and told me I needed to add more liability to vehicle and buiness insurance to get job....uhhhh..how about NO!

They emailed back 2 weeks later with same quote, lol. I replied I already quoted this job and suggested maybe they need to lower their standards, this is alabama not califormia. My limits worked for other brokers and other companies with no issues. Nope they said thats their requirements. We will see how this plays out lol

Johnny Best

I had that happen to me years ago with upping my liability insurance. It was 2 million and they said I needed more. Sorry job was not worth it. Tell them you are going trough a sex change and those yahoos in CA will give you a break.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Going through something similar with property owners from NY city.
They keep replying, Our Lawyers say........

petepaz

Going through something similar with property owners from NY city.
They keep replying, Our Lawyers say........
have had issues in NYC also. had one job i showed up with my insurance cert and they required some other stupid liability things, the building manager wouldn't let me do the job. the job was installing some 3" x 10" logos on the glass doors and wall outside the elevators for safety so people don't walk in to the glass (approx 10ft in length, think it was like 8 logos) next day the owner of the company calls me says just come tomorrow put your tools in a bag and come up then he had me install the logos, paid me and sent me on my way

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Got an email from a broker in CA. Wanted 2 set channel letters put up in city and removal of old. gave them a quote , they were pleasde and I started submitting insurance, w2 and vehicle insurance. they came back and told me I needed to add more liability to vehicle and buiness insurance to get job....uhhhh..how about NO!

They emailed back 2 weeks later with same quote, lol. I replied I already quoted this job and suggested maybe they need to lower their standards, this is alabama not califormia. My limits worked for other brokers and other companies with no issues. Nope they said thats their requirements. We will see how this plays out lol

Just had this recently happen. We have a 2 million dollar setup and they wanted 3 million. I simply wrote back, yeah, I want 3 million, too. They weren't from california, but somewhere in the midwest.

My answer is always, YOU came to me. Now, its my game and ya play by my rules or hit the road, jack.

AND that wasn't me. I have a beard

visual800

I had an instance through "compliance depot" that I had to lower my limits. SMDH! NO common sense.
oh sh@t compliane depot! HELL NO! I did some crap for a company out of Nevade for an apartment complex here and they wanted me to go thru compiance depot. it was an absolute nightmare I finally told them I WOULD NOT be using this service as they dint have their crap together, Go online and read the reiviews of this wonderful establishment, I think they changed their name to realpages