• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation print grainy

I have a bunch of car show palque to make and started printing the plate and some are very grainy.. anyone know what causes this? I've tried lowering the temp, pressing times..

Attachments

• sub plate 010.jpg
    sub plate 010.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 195

Maxphobia

It looks like you pressed it, then opened to look at it and realized it wasn't pressed long enough and closed it back causing a double print.

If not then you may want to preheat your print so it shrinks a bit then press it.

If that's not it, offer the sublimation gods a blood offering like a goat or large squirrel....

I lowered the temp and put 1 on the press metal up and it worked perfectly... I had been putting the paper on top which is the way i did the dash plaques and they looked good..
So all is good now i guess..
Thanks guys..,.

WildWestDesigns

I lowered the temp and put 1 on the press metal up and it worked perfectly... I had been putting the paper on top which is the way i did the dash plaques and they looked good..
So all is good now i guess..
Thanks guys..,.

That's strange. Usually when sublimating metal it doesn't matter if you have the paper on top or bottom as the metal conducts the heat.