• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sublimation printer supplier in canada?

stevewilson

hey im located in canada.
im looking into doing full color hats and t-shirts. i dont know too much about it all
i been doing vinyl decals and signs for a over 3 years and iv done a few shirts.
i have a heatpress (12"x15") and it also has attachment for hats.

iv done a few one color with heatpress vinyl and some 2-3 colors over lays as well
but seems my customers are asking for more detailed logos and images that im guessing would need to be done in a printer . printed out and then pressed.

im tossing around the idea of finding someone to print them and ship them to me but with shipping costs and delays and shipping time it may not be worth that problems and cost.
so plan B is buy the printer myself.

what do i need? i want to save as much money as possible as i have no idea what my demands will be.
i want to be able to use both white and dark color shirts and hats . mouse pads ...and so on for pressing.

also being in canada i dont want to have to take out a small loan to just cover the shipping cost or the ink costs for that matter.

any help would be great help. thanks
ill keep reading on here as well but seems everyones options are always different

WildWestDesigns

hey im located in canada.
im looking into doing full color hats and t-shirts. i dont know too much about it all
i been doing vinyl decals and signs for a over 3 years and iv done a few shirts.
i have a heatpress (12"x15") and it also has attachment for hats.

iv done a few one color with heatpress vinyl and some 2-3 colors over lays as well
but seems my customers are asking for more detailed logos and images that im guessing would need to be done in a printer . printed out and then pressed.

im tossing around the idea of finding someone to print them and ship them to me but with shipping costs and delays and shipping time it may not be worth that problems and cost.
so plan B is buy the printer myself.

what do i need? i want to save as much money as possible as i have no idea what my demands will be.
i want to be able to use both white and dark color shirts and hats . mouse pads ...and so on for pressing.

also being in canada i dont want to have to take out a small loan to just cover the shipping cost or the ink costs for that matter.

any help would be great help. thanks
ill keep reading on here as well but seems everyones options are always different

If you are wanting to do what is in bold, you are going to have to think of something else besides dye sublimation.

With sublimation, it is a form of dyeing, so the substrate has to be a light(er) color as it won't show up on the dark fibers.

Also bare in mind, you are limited to not only light colors, but it has to be synthetic fibers as well. Sublimation inks won't chemically bond with natural fibers. Polyester is the most prevalent, particular with regard to apparel. So this takes away your ability to use cotton or a blend with sublimation.

stevewilson

If you are wanting to do what is in bold, you are going to have to think of something else besides dye sublimation.

With sublimation, it is a form of dyeing, so the substrate has to be a light(er) color as it won't show up on the dark fibers.

Also bare in mind, you are limited to not only light colors, but it has to be synthetic fibers as well. Sublimation inks won't chemically bond with natural fibers. Polyester is the most prevalent, particular with regard to apparel. So this takes away your ability to use cotton or a blend with sublimation.

thanks for the info. seems cotton works best for heat pressing vinyl .. id like to be able to stick with cotton as it also seems to be the cheapest. hmmm
im guessing most people that would want a photo would prob want a white shirt or light color since well photos have a range of colors in them. and the point is to stand out.

i seen one printer that was less then $300 and i thought hey i can afford that.even if its a flop! vs DTG ones i seen that are $4000+ unless im wrong?

What part of Canada are you from? I'm from Ontario and may be able to help
im located in new brunswick . so not too far away!

im willing to be able to do less to start out cheaper and outsource as needed untill perhaps i have the demand for what i cant do.