• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for Slideshow software

SignManiac

I just hung a 32" monitor on my wall and want to display my sign portfolio in the waiting area. Can anyone recommend a descent program besides Windows screen saver that comes included? I'd like a little a few more options for transitions and timing between images, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Mosh

I have thought about hanging a TV/dvd combo up and just getting
a cd with photos on it at "the Wal-Mart" they will play on tv in an endless loop.
I just got one at my Grandpa's funeral (of his life), runs about 15-20 minutes, around 5 seconds
or so a pic

DizzyMarkus

buy a cheap digital picture frame and run it through the tv ;0)
sorry still need sftware tho -- why not use power point ?
Markus

MikeD

If you are using the creative suite you could use bridge to make a slideshow (html, pdf..) I think you can do it with all the programs in the suite besides Illustrator, but I havent had to make one in years, so I am to up to date.

WildWestDesigns

If you are using the creative suite you could use bridge to make a slideshow (html, pdf..) I think you can do it with all the programs in the suite besides Illustrator, but I havent had to make one in years, so I am to up to date.

There is always Flash (now I'm going to run and duck for cover).

Suz

http://picasa.google.com/

We used this at a tradeshow, downloaded during the show and had it up and running for customers in just a few minutes. We already had a picture file on the computer of our products, so it was easy!

Suz

Picasa it is! simple and good transition effects. Thanks yall's

Dear Maniac,
Now to load it onto one of my new computers, I should be doing that too for my Customers on a daily basis, not just at a trade show!!! LOL! Might keep them busy while I'm running around doing things and have people in the shop.
Thanks for the idea!

Marlene

what did I do wrong? I downloaded picasa, I'm running XP, and had some huge issues. my internet connection kept trying to do a dial up and I'm not a dial up. it just kept trying to dial up over and over again once I installed picasa so I had to do a system restore to get things running right again. I upclicked the "send info to google" and "make google my home page" but other than that, it should have been OK.

Border

I tried Picasa years ago and did not like how it searched and tagged every form of image file on my entire computer and seemed to add lots of other files to the system as well.
Maybe it's different now and maybe it would be OK if you only have it on a computer dedicated to running that slide show...?

Back then, it just seemed like it took over way too much of the image file handling on my computer and I ended up doing a system restore to get rid of all the garbage it left behind.

Mike F

FastStone Image Viewer has a pretty nice Slideshow feature that lets you add transition effects and music, can also display filenames / meta tag data from what i remember. Also has some basic editing options for cropping / resizing, touching up color / brightness / etc., and is just all around pretty awesome. Hasn't been updated in a year and a half but it really doesn't need anything fixed or added.

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

SignManiac

Maybe it's different now and maybe it would be OK if you only have it on a computer dedicated to running that slide show...?

Correct Border. It's on a dedicated computer and monitor and is not hooked up to the internet. Just an old computer with nothing but XP on it. Have it set to loop over and over with the 666 pictures in the library.

ProWraps

we already do the same thing. we use windows dvd maker. its included on your windows operating software. it works great!

oh i have to mention we bought a flat screen with a dvd player built in. every couple of months we just update the movie file with new pics and burn a new dvd. its the way to go. you dont have to worry about having a computer dedicated for it. just pop in the dvd on the back side of the tv and you are set. it will play loops which is what you want. you dont want to keep hitting play.