• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 Dragging/wrinkling through cut edge

Kemble

Just installed a brand new blade thinking it was a dull blade issue. Through cuts just fine in 1 direction, but coming back it wants to drag/pull the material as it cuts through causing the material to get wrinkles and creates a bad cut.

Anyone have this happen to them before? I'm not sure what to do or how to fix. Like I said, I thought it was a dull blade issue but it's a brand new blade and it did not fix the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3342.jpg
    IMG_3342.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 185

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
If your F1612 has the ADC go to Modules, click on the tool you are having issues with and then click on the ADC button. That should fix the issue.

ProColorGraphics

after installing the tool, go into the tool and click "ADC" so it does as full remeasure of the blade. could also try puting some tape at spots along the edge. That will tell you if the material is binding up.

Kemble

We tried the tape, still dragged the material. We did the ADC adjustment, still dragged the material. We took the spring/plastic cover that the blade is inside of off and let the blade run exposed and it fixed it. We are also using a 60 degree blade to cut IJ180CV3 w/8518 Laminate. I purchased a 50 degree blade and we will see how much better that blade cuts since I read the 60 degree was overkill for IJ180CV3 & 8518 Lam.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We took the spring/plastic cover that the blade is inside of off and let the blade run exposed and it fixed it.
We took those off of our single, double and heavy duty knives and never looked back. Caused more issues than they helped with.

Glad you got it sorted out!