• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 T series blade question

yamaha581

Hey guys,
we just got our summa S2 T series delivered and were putting it together but had a few questions. We are using this for mainly motocross graphics which are 21 mil so I am guessing we are going to want to purchase a 60 degree blade for this? I was online looking at the blades and we have always used the 45 degree and 60 degree but I am seeing this has a 36 degree, 45 degree, 60 degree and one that says 55 degree thick material blade. Would anyone be able to recommend the best blades we would want to use. It looks like it came with a 60 degree and a 45 degree I am guessing but just want to make sure I have extras and wasn't sure what would be best.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

The cutter should have included two standard 36 degree blades and one 60 degree thick materials blade. For motocross graphics, I would recommend the 45 degree double wedge blade or the 60 degree thick materials blade. The tip on the 60 degree blades is pretty fine and can sometimes break when trying to cut through tough laminate, so just keep that in mind. Also, the standard blades are only designed to cut materials up to 10 mil and obviously these graphics are much thicker than that, so you won't want to use those for this application.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com