• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Synchronization

daenterpri

I notice when making decals in the Edge 2, that the second pass is always off by a pixel or two. For instance, if I was putting one color directly on top of another, the second color would probably end up to the right by a pixel or so even though in Composer they are directly on top of each other.

Is there a way to calibrate or fix that?

Thanks!

Andy

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You will always get a variation in color to color registration which is the result of a design flaw in the way the Edge feeds foils and the different lengths of foil remaining on each color of foil. There is a utility in Omega 3 and Omega 4 that allows you to adjust it but it's better handled in most designs by either printing in CMYK instead of spot colors, using the overprint feature, or by using the choke and spread feature to compensate for tolerance issues.

daenterpri

Hey Tony,

Is there a RegFixer for 2.6.1? I'm on a job right now where that seems like the best way to fix the issue.