• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Takeup failure?

netsol

having an issue with our mutoh vj1617h, we seem to fairly consistently have a takeup failure (?)
when printing 3/16 paper faced foamcore
see the picture, this always seems to happen at somewhere around the 2' to 3' point as material feeds

it makes me suspect the conveyor tables i built (lifting or binding as material feeds?) but it seems they are spot on

i have commented before that as material advances it always makes an odd sound that i have described as sounding like a 5 year old learning to play
the tuba.

i realize these are not a terribly common machine, and i have had no mutoh experieince to speak of until we acquired this machine

this does NOT seem to happen when printing 4mm coro,
i have not changed rollers (there are a lot of them!)
i am reluctant to "rough them up" to improve grip

Attachments

• mutoh feed problem.jpg
    mutoh feed problem.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 153

JBurton

Signtologist
Can you load and start the print halfway down a sheet? I wonder if there isn't a defect during manufacturing causing the sheet to deform or delaminate at that same 2-3' region. Then again if the printer doesn't use heat, I ono...