• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tif resolution

DGDesigns

I received a "high resolution" tif file from a customer, but prior to printing I checked it up close and it's still too blurry for a 36" wide print. The file is enormous..195Mb @ 300dpi. Can I clean it up with Genuine Fractal software or try something else? ( I am also trying to get the original psd file that they used for the original design)

luggnut

if they started with a lower res file (like something download from the net) and just upsampled up to 300dpi it is likely it will never look good. genuine fractals and other programs cannot invent data that isn't there. this sounds like the case here... take a 2"x2" 72 dpi pic and blow up to 24"x24" 300dpi and it will still look bad just finer pixels on the blurred edges.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Someone saved a low res image at 300dpi and believes that makes it suitable.

Customer supplied artwork files are great.
My favorite is a raster image exported as a ai or eps file to make it a vector file... :rolleyes:

Ponto

"My favorite is a raster image exported as a ai or eps file to make it a vector file... :rolleyes:

.[/QUOTE]

:doh:You too... :frustrated:and then try to explain their folly... :banghead::banghead:

JP

Jackpine

It's the pixels not the DPI that counts. Prints with good pixels in them print more than good at 150dpi full size with a print resolution at 720x720.