• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tony please- GspColorWell.ocx problem

Gene@mpls

I am installing Omega 2.5 on a different XP puter and it is fighting me. I
loaded Omega OK but when I try to open it - it sez that file is missing and
to reload, which I have done repeatedly. No joy. I can still hook up the old
puter so I don't have a crisis situation. Thanks Gene

Tony Teveris

The ocx file is suppose to me "registered" with the system and it sounds like it is not.

Create an shortcut on your desktop to "C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe" this is the system registration app. With file manager (Windows Explorere) find the ocx file which should be in the Gerber Software folder (C:\gsp\software...) click and drag the ocx file and "drop" it on the Reg icon on the desktop.

You should get a message that it completed, if you get something else this usally means there is a system component that the ocx needs and it's missing. Make sure the system has all the latest Windows updates. If all else fails you will need to call Customer Service and they will walk you through some steps to figure it out. There are also other ocx files in the same folder and it does not hurt reregister there again at any time.

Gene@mpls

Thanks Tony- that worked on that .ocx and another one that it asked for
but now it wants more stuff- I will call support when I have time. Gene

Tony Teveris

Try installing the latest Windows Explorer (version 8 at least) this usually delivers many system components needed by other apps.

I'm sure somewhere this is in out "minimum" requirements.