• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transferring FineCut from one computer to another?

Forty One

I'm currently upgrading the production computer to something a little less than dinosaur but I'm questioning the transfer of Finecut 7 to it.
As with Rasterlink, you are able to delete the serial remotely from a computer and reactivte it on another through the web, but it doesnt seem like Finecut has this option.
I also cant find a license key or erial folder in the directory.

Could it be said that FC7 doesnt use a serial? therefore I could theoretically run the one program on many machines?
The disc case dosnt have any serial or key written down. And I would rather not go through the entire motion of upgrading/referb a computer and get to the point where I cant transfer it accross.

I'm not upgrading any of the other software, the plotter stil runs on Ai CS3 with FC7 and running Win 10. That I'm not changing.
I'm just upgrading the hardware.

Forty One

That makes no sense.
7 can not be upgraded without purchasing the new version and software would never have a key or serial on the the disk. Otherwise it's as easy as to be copied.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
You can download all updates of Finecut from their website - no charge.
Different versions are needed for different versions of Windows, and different versions of Illy or Corel - you need a compatible 'collection'.
But the original CD you got, is the 'key' to make the installation of any version, run.
The newer versions generate a code on the Win 10 pc, which has to be entered, and it runs fine - but you still need a cd labelled with the original instalation disc's name.
I've posted here before, about how to do it, especially after I;d cracked our CD getting the centre out of the CD holder, such that it would not read in the CD reader.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I may be misreading what you are trying to do. I also do not run FC7, but this is how I transfer Cutting Master between computers so it may be a little different. But just find the pathing in the computer for you Adobe Plugin. Normally it is This PC > C Drive > Program Files> Adobe > Adobe Illustrator 2023 > Plug-ins. Find your Fine Cut plug in, copy that whole folder, and now paste it in the same path on any other computer with Illustrator 2023 in the Plug-ins folder.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That makes no sense.
7 can not be upgraded without purchasing the new version and software would never have a key or serial on the the disk. Otherwise it's as easy as to be copied.
lol It's even crazier than that because, not only is it true that the CD the key on older versions of FineCut, from what I understand, the "key" is just the name of the CD. I'm pretty sure I saw a guy on signs101 simply make a blank CD and name it correctly and it worked.

jimdtg

lol It's even crazier than that because, not only is it true that the CD the key on older versions of FineCut, from what I understand, the "key" is just the name of the CD. I'm pretty sure I saw a guy on signs101 simply make a blank CD and name it correctly and it worked.
That's CD Label