• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Truly accurate vehicle outlines

sticker_dude

Hello fellow sign & graphics buddies.
I'm based in the UK & I'm needing to supply graphics for vehicle advert panels on a supply only basis but my current vehicle outlines software is way out.
It's been ok for regular graphics over the years but I need something more accurate for a current project for advert panels & rear chevrons.
I've done a couple of test cut only shapes out of cheap vinyl on our own vehicles but they're so far out it's unbelievable.
I need to be able to print & cut accurately so the customer can fit them into the panel inserts easily onto numerous vehicles from small to large.
Can you recommend an outline provider which will give me piece of mind knowing they'll fit.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
If you want something to fit in those recesses perfectly then you need to make your own. Either with paper or really good pictures and measurements. Every template that I have seen is not dead on, good enough for a full wrap or some spot graphics but not what you are trying to do. The other option is laying knifeless tape and getting rough measurements from a template.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you're looking for "exact fit" templates for things like false windows/recesses, you are going to have to make them yourself, for each variation of each vehicle. No one provides these. Each one you'll have to measure/photo/draw/setup/test cut & adjust/retry if you're cutting it to fit perfectly. Sounds like a lot of NOT FUN to me. Of you have a contract where a customer wants it, it might be worth it, otherwise...

FWIW, we use PVO here for most templates, and always add an appropriate amount of bleed to them, as they are a 2D representation of a 3D vehicle. If they don't have it, I get to draw it. ;)