• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to Blur a very large word

LMSigns24

Ive been doign this for years, but I guess i have never tried to blur text that is very large. Working on a wrap design for a trailer. The word is 129" x 20" high. Its saying the size of artwork resolution exceeds the maximun that can be rasterized. Now what? Hope its an easy fix. Can anyone give me advice? Thanks!

xxaxx

Couple things you could do ...

Just copy it into photoshop and do the blur there ... then save that as a layered psd file and import it back into the illustrator file.

Or adjust the size of the illustrator file to something like 50% scale then do the blur and have the rip scale it up to 200% to print.

LMSigns24

Great thank you! I did the Photoshop blur and that worked! :)))

Couple things you could do ...

Just copy it into photoshop and do the blur there ... then save that as a layered psd file and import it back into the illustrator file.

Or adjust the size of the illustrator file to something like 50% scale then do the blur and have the rip scale it up to 200% to print.

signswi

Illustrator CS6 is 64bit with a much higher raster effects limit, but doing such things really is better in Photoshop as that's what it's built for.