• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trying to make my Edge, computer and Flexi communicate...

I am trying to make my newly acquired Edge LE, Dell Latitude and Flexi 8.1 communicate. I went to Best Buy and bought a parallel to USB adaptor cord, but I don't think that is working. I get an error when I try to send a job to the printer. I'm not 100% sure my settings are correct, but I have a feeling the cord is the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or can you point me towards a good manual that shows how to make all this work?

Drip Dry

Not sure if your settings are right, but it's likely the cord.
This has been an issue ever since we've been trying to make the edge work from the usb.

Gerber sells a cord that works. Others have bought different brands, but they seem to be hit or miss
Call gerber

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Get the Gerber USB cable or buy a parallel pci card and install it in the computer. The add on cards are cheap and then any old school printer cable will run the Edge LE or 2. Not sure how the FX connects, never had one of those.

Well everything is working... with the cable from Best Buy! I had to go in and change the compatibility mode settings for flexi and production manager to Windows Vista! Also, I downloaded Gerber's drivers for the cable.

Tel

I see you have it working on flexi I use and prefer Composer for the edge
The Edge LE and GS15plus cutter are a great combination
I use the same equipment that you have bought and think you have got a great deal, keep the head clean using only the offical gerber cleaning pads as other brands are not pure enough, I have kept my head working for years, also your cutter is a Gerber GS15 and looks like a plus to me which means it should be a tangential cutter. Keep the cutter clean lightly oil the rods and every six months remove the cover behind the blade holder and put a drop of oil in the hole in the bearing block and either side of the block, use the oil sparingly and don't get any on the belt.

Good Luck
Tel​