• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tweaker Customer.

You’re kidding… right ??

:Oops: Where is the native American art ??

How do apple trees, see-saws, trolley cars, Amish wagons, rams, motorcycles, bears, bicycles, building blocks, hieroglyphics, pinstriping and lack of color control tell his/this story ??

I’m not making fun, but c’mon, this looks like a test pattern for second grade hand-eye coordination tests. This is hardly art in any form. Usually a story or subject is found after studying the piece. It’s either quite obvious or is hidden, but still accessible. Even after you explain it… it still makes little to no sense at all.

It's not supposed to be native american art. That was just a little back story on the customer. I don't really understand it either. I just thought it was really strange so I decided to share. You should check out some of his other work. Here is his website. http://sansparapluie.com/

Dentafrice

It's really cool! Although I can't follow the story.. I see the cows, then I see the trucks and boom.. I'm lost.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now....... there is stuff I like.

I can see the connecting of elements and the color wheel at work, along with themes actually making sense and more pleasing to the eye.... at least my eye. I really like some of those cabinets.

Sorry, I thought if he was here studying Native American Art... so he'd incorporate it into his work to show off what he's learned or understood thus far.

Bigdawg

Just Me
C'mon Gino.. just because you can't see it doesn't make it not art...

Some of the crap they sell for millions of dollars i don't get... but this? This I actually get without the story. It has a nice symmetry of color and angles and lines... it's interesting and that's what I think art should be... something that interests you enough to look further while pleasing your own eye...

which is probably why they say art is in the eye of the beholder.

If anybody wants me to talk to him about getting a cabinet or anything. Let me know. He is a very interesting character. And I made it to where the cows die and then I lost it also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
C'mon Gino.. just because you can't see it doesn't make it not art...

Some of the crap they sell for millions of dollars i don't get... but this? This I actually get without the story. It has a nice symmetry of color and angles and lines... it's interesting and that's what I think art should be... something that interests you enough to look further while pleasing your own eye...

which is probably why they say art is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not condemning it, I just don't like it. That's my opinion which I think I made perfectly clear... it's not my cup of tea. I went a step further and expressed my dislikes, so it didn't come off as just saying it for the sake of saying it. It's a form of discussion or debate giving the OP or his client the chance to express their meanings, which the OP and many others here have also admitted, it doesn't much make any sense. Now if you like the flow or the symmetry, that's good for you. For me, I see no connection, no formal or non conforming balance, no color usage that is pleasing to the eye, no concept of aesthetics for any of the elements anywhere.

I think the guy pulled a wanker on this one. Just my opinion. If you like it, that's fine by anyone's standards.... as you said........ art is in the eye of the beholder. But then again, those are the same people that say......... the customer is always right. :rolleyes:

The customer is not always right. You just have to influence them in a way that makes them think they came up with the right idea. In this case no way I could influence him either way.

signswi

Rule #1 of art: if someone says it's not art it's probably art. What does "pulled a wanker" mean in this context? Some dude makes something in his spare time that he likes and that's an affront to you how exactly...