• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV-300 alignement problem when using Retract after print

Atomik

We just installed it last week and our technician cannot help !!!

When printing 5 layers with a diecut and using the function in Rasterlink7 to retract after the first 2 layers, the following 3 layers are off by 1/8", we reprinted at 50% of the size just to test, and still 1/8" off. I have tried every option possible with no success…

Need to print color-white-black-white-color and then diecut

The print is NOT sliding from the rollers as the cut is done at the end and lines up perfectly with the first printed layer.

The 1/8 off is constant on the Y axes, the X being the printhead direction, when using the retract after print option.

In normal print and cut mode, the lining up is perfect.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• A6CEE6C7-EF6B-41B4-94F7-43531795756E.jpeg
    A6CEE6C7-EF6B-41B4-94F7-43531795756E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • 40ADB517-58CD-4F99-94C9-9D53A02DEC55.jpeg
    40ADB517-58CD-4F99-94C9-9D53A02DEC55.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • FDF6CBC9-285E-4507-A2A6-914CED52E306.jpeg
    FDF6CBC9-285E-4507-A2A6-914CED52E306.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 4FCD9332-AC25-4677-9684-6286E3EDB1A6.jpeg
    4FCD9332-AC25-4677-9684-6286E3EDB1A6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

InkHead

You should be able to print 5 layers all in one pass. You shouldn't have to retract. The only time you need to retract is if you are printing both white and clear.

Also when cutting your can use all the pinch rollers instead of just the outside 2.

I no longer have this printer and trying to recall by memory. I think I'm right

Atomik

For some reason the second white layer was not printing in the 5 layers plus cut… so I had to opt for the retract option. Nevertheless the retract option should not offset by 1/8" (all pinch rollers are down at medium pressure and it’s only a 8" sticker)

InkHead

I never used Rasterlink 7. Always used Rasterlink 6plus. However sometimes when they did their software updates, it would break multi-layer printing so I had to revert to a previous version. I would never update after I found a version that worked because of the issues Mimaki had with Rasterlink.

Could be the case why you can't print in one pass. Maybe try a previous version on another PC to see if you can print in one pass. I never had good luck with pull backs and printing. Always had alignment issues

Atomik

I never used Rasterlink 7. Always used Rasterlink 6plus. However sometimes when they did their software updates, it would break multi-layer printing so I had to revert to a previous version. I would never update after I found a version that worked because of the issues Mimaki had with Rasterlink.

Could be the case why you can't print in one pass. Maybe try a previous version on another PC to see if you can print in one pass. I never had good luck with pull backs and printing. Always had alignment issues
Thank you for the input, I taught I was the only one with the pull back printing issues, I'll try to call the rep tomorrow to see if they would license an older version of RasterLink instead of the 7

InkHead

Thank you for the input, I taught I was the only one with the pull back printing issues, I'll try to call the rep tomorrow to see if they would license an older version of RasterLink instead of the 7
You can still use 7 but try the previous version number release. That's what I meant by previous version.

Looks like the most current version of Rasterlink 7 is 3.0.0. if you are using that version, try to step down to 2.9.0

Or vice versa if you are on 2.9.0 right now, try 3.0.0

InkHead

Also one other thing if using pull back, try to minimize the number of rows you are printing. I would avoid pull back altogether though lol