• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UJF series. How to set up RL to print White then CMYK layers?

Forty One

Can anyone assist me here?
Currently I'm ripping the same file twice in RL 6.
First file to print white then the second file to print CMYK.
Can anyone asssit me here on how to create the layers so it can print automatically?

I know I can go in and change the output colours to what I require, and then change it again as needed. Buty I want to be able to import a PDF with layers.
First Layer white, second Layer CMYK.

Cheers.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
There are a few ways of doing this, and it all depends what your file colors are and what you want the white ink to do. If it is going to be a full flood ink, you can do this via the special plate tab and select white, whole image, composite automatically on bottom.

If you want only white behind the color and the only white in the file is to be clear (color 0/0/0/0) then in the same tab select white, valid pixel, composite automatically on bottom.

Per above and you want say some white words to be white, you need to adjust you file so it has 1 pixel of color, normally I do just 1 point in yellow, this will pick it up as color and will print white.

ALL those above assume you only have a 1 page PDF, if you have multiple pages you need to turn white it can't be done as above.

Multiple Page PDF white you need to create a second file and everything you want to be white NEEDS to be 100% of 1 color (Black, Cyan, Yellow or Magenta). From here in your information tab go to job attribute click on the 'Full Color' drop down menu and change to mono color. This brings up another box and you select what color you want to change to white; so if you did black, select black then select change to white. This method is how you can get a gradient white. This method also makes you need to print it twice.