• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Understanding Omega 5 layout as it relates to vinyl.

artofacks1

So I have vinyl size of 15inches by 10 Yards

0-------------------------10 Yards------------------------
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Call me crazy but I want a document size set up similar to Adobe Illustrator. With 0 - 0 on the top left and it goes down to 15 inches and goes right 10 yards.

Is there a way to set up the document size in Omega 5.0 ?

idsignsil

I am using 4.0 and I don't know of a way to set up the document size. What I would do is just draw a box the size you want the document to be, and put it on a separate layer now that you can do that in Omega/Composer. Then on a layer above that one place your artwork inside the box area.

Side note, you say you have 15" vinyl. I don't know of a plotter that can make use of the entire 15" wide space, you may want to load your vinyl and see what the machine says is your max width. Then make that your "document size".

paul luszcz

Gerber plotters have a max cutting area of 13.25".

I've never created nor cared to create a document size in Omega, but we have version 2.5. We're upgrading to 5 next week. Does it require a document size? The version we use just expands to allow any size object you create.

Marlene

I have 5.0 but really never pay any attention to the numbers along the side and top so not sure if there is a way to set it. I too just make a box the size I want

artofacks1

I just Luke the visual of the material I'm printing on so when I line things up or add artwork. I know we're on the material it will print.

Fair enough 10 yards x 13.25 "

I don't want to be wasting material by putting the artwork in the middle or off to the bottom or what not.

caltemus

Fair Enough, I like the drawing a box idea, but will just use guides and lock them from 0 to 13.5"Thanks A lot guys.

There is a co-ordinate system in omega 5. When you draw that box, hit ctrl+w and move it to the origin, using the top left anchor point, entering 0 in both "new location" boxes and selecting "absolute" as your move type, . This will make the top left corner your 0,0 point as you wanted.-Charlie