• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Upgraded to 5.0. imports suck

natedawg9640

Every time I try importing or opening a .pdf, and sometimes .ai, or .eps in my newly upgraded omega 5.0, I get an "unknown file type" error. They open fine in other programs. Do I need to check a box that isn't checked somewhere?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Oy!

I've been looking at purchasing the layout station specifically for this very purpose. Perhaps Tony from Gerber could enlighten us on this issue.

JB

Tony Teveris

With the latest Omega and the updates you still need to actually select the file type (NOT all files). I believe if you do this it will work properly.

If you have the latest updates (Build 42) I can send you a fix if you email me. I hope soon to put up another update but it's not ready yet.

natedawg9640

Roger that. That seems to have worked on the most recent file I was having issues with. I'll update if I run into it again. My only other qualm thus far is in the output screen, i used to enjoy the ability to flip back and forth between wireframe and color preview with f12 and not launch new windows or other craziness, and i still have to get usend to not being able to minimize the separate output jobs. I find it more difficult to stay in order by using the tab setup.