• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

upgrading from flexi 8 to flexi 10 - question about Dongle

Drip Dry

A couple of years ago I bought the upgrade from Ver 8 to Ver 10
Wanted to see how how it worked before I put it on any production machines.
It loaded the demo without using passwords which was fine.

Now I want to start using it and I think I need to move over the dongle to accept
the new password.

QUESTION: Once I put in the dongle, does Flexi 10 overwrite something in the dongle so that I would'nt be able to use it on Ver 8 again. I know this is what happens with Gerber Composer. I'd like to have the ability to move the dongle back and forth

Thanks

Shift Designs

i would watch out doing any upgrading with Flexi. I just go toff the phone with them and any new upgrades will only be free to the Cloud subscription service. They could care less about how many thousands of dollars there loyal people have spent.

From what I have heard from flexi they are no longer using dongles. They are outdated tech. and always get lost. So they are doing a virtual license. That you have to go online and unlicense a computer before you can load and use on a new computer. So just putting the dongle in when you loaded a demo isn't going to do anything I don't believe.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I went from 8 to 10 a few years ago and never had problems using both at the same time. I haven't done it in a while though... only used 8 for a few more times once I got 10 up and running.

Drip Dry

From what I have heard from flexi they are no longer using dongles. They are outdated tech. and always get lost. So they are doing a virtual license. That you have to go online and unlicense a computer before you can load and use on a new computer. So just putting the dongle in when you loaded a demo isn't going to do anything I don't believe.

It wasn't a demo. It was an actual upgrade from ver. 8 to ver. 10 ( the one just before the cloud)Because I didn't put in the dongle when I loaded the software, it loaded the full version, except that I can't save anything or print or cut ( what I expected )

My question is if I plug in the dongle for Ver 10, does it write something to the dongle so I couldn't go back to Ver 8

FrankW

The licence is not written to the dongle, so nothing will happen what could avoid using Flexi 8 and Flexi 10. The licence results from the combination of licence number (written to the dongle during production) and installation password (set to the software during installation).

Doing support for Flexi for several years, have a lot of customers using multiple versions.

Drip Dry

I went from 8 to 10 a few years ago and never had problems using both at the same time. I haven't done it in a while though... only used 8 for a few more times once I got 10 up and running.

This what I expect will happen

The licence is not written to the dongle, so nothing will happen what could avoid using Flexi 8 and Flexi 10. The licence results from the combination of licence number (written to the dongle during production) and installation password (set to the software during installation).

Doing support for Flexi for several years, have a lot of customers using multiple versions.

Thanks Frank

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I'm using 10, no dongle...that's correct, it registers and verifies online.