• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using iimak duracoat ribbons in edge fx and omega

artofacks1

Hello,

I bought a Super Opaque white ribbon for my edge fx. I finally want to use it as my artic gerber white is done.

However, I am not sure how to use it in Omega. Can I please getb assistance with how I can load Duracoat foils into Omega so I can select it and use.

Thanks,
Robert

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you will find perhaps one out of one hundred members here that have a Gerber Edge also have the Gerber Edge FX and also use Duracoat foils. Your question(s) will be best answered by inquiring with your Gerber distributor. In my business we have an Edge LE and use lots of Duracoat foils under the Apex private label from Advantage Sign and Graphic Solutions. We don't have the foil sensors that were introduced with the FX model, so we just select Spot White from the Gerber palette and everything runs fine using Apex Spot White. So what you do when your FX doesn't detect Gerber brand Spot White is not known by me. It's also possible that you may need adapters to get the Duracoat foils to fit in the Gerber cassettes.

Here's a link to loading instructions that may answer your questions.

Here's a link to the Apex page for FX foil refills.

artofacks1

Setting up the foil was easy. I was just wondering if I had to load a duracoat color palette in omega. I'll try selecting spot white and see if that works.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Setting up the foil was easy. I was just wondering if I had to load a duracoat color palette in omega. I'll try selecting spot white and see if that works.

No such palettes are allowed by Gerber in Omega. Just pick the closest foil match from the Gerber palettes.