• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Using LexEdge

mosignman

I've never used lexedge before so my question is what is best to use for the adhesive after you have printed the graphic? Any help is appreciated.

mosignman

Lexedge

I'm going to use the lexedge to make equipment labels, so I am reverse printing the graphics that way it is on the back side of the lexedge and graphics cannot be damaged. Since there is no adhesive, what is the best way to attach it to the equipment? Is there a good double sided adhesive tape that I can use that will cover the whole back of the labels? I don't want to use a bunch of strips of banner tape so is there an alternative? Thank you for your help.

Mosh

3M VHB tape comes in lots of different widths. Better than banner hem tape. It comes in the grey foam or clear.

Browner

If it's for machinery, it's probably going to see some HEAVY DUTY action. We print on it all the time for control panels and such. You could press the buttons a bazillion times and the graphics aren't going to "rub" off... 'cause you've printed them sub-surface.

For adhesive, we use 3M 467.

BUT - I think they actually make one that is specific for Lexan as well... I just can't find the # right now.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
We print on it all the time for control panels and such. You could press the buttons a bazillion times and the graphics aren't going to "rub" off... 'cause you've printed them sub-surface.

that i can understand....i was assuming his customer was using it to label machinery with a company name/logo....hence the reason i thought it was overkill...

Molenbeek

The 3M 467 is the best stuff to use. We carry it converted down to 12" x 10yd lengths instead of the 180 yd that come from 3M.
we call it Lexadhesive..