• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vector gradients

Gene@mpls

I occasionally run into a graphic that is provide to us with a vector gradient
or shadow I have attached a sample that doesn't show this very well- but
when clicked on it will display maybe 50 different color variations to make up
the gradient. I assume it is done in AI? My versions CS2 & CS5 a drop shadow
is a raster- is this effect from an earlier version? Thanks Gene

Attachments

• adobe vector gradient.jpg
    adobe vector gradient.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 92

Border

Not sure but I would guess it may be an older Corel file? Haven't used Corel in years but remember seeing that type of gradient in that program.

Just installed a wrap for another out of state company that had a gradient like that on it. They printed it in a real low-res setting along with some banding issues to boot. Man, it did not look very nice at all but they are a contracted supplier for this very large corporation. So I'm sure all their vehicles look similar....
:frustrated:

Smacka

Yes, this was done in ai and its just a blend. Start with a filled shape, offset the path and fill with yellow, choose a point on each shape with the blend tool, and choose the blending steps. easy stuff. It is in all versions of CS.

rjpjr

Yes, this was done in ai and its just a blend. Start with a filled shape, offset the path and fill with yellow, choose a point on each shape with the blend tool, and choose the blending steps. easy stuff. It is in all versions of CS.

Agree... If you are seeing MANY vector shapes to create the gradient, the blend has just been expanded.

Attachments

• blend-1.jpg
    blend-1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 44
  • blend-expand.jpg
    blend-expand.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 47