• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Banding on FLORA

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I may be way off base, but could static electricity cause this? Our Roland's magenta head used to overshoot like that and it was static.

Kaiser

I may be way off base, but could static electricity cause this? Our Roland's magenta head used to overshoot like that and it was static.
We have anti-static bars on, humidity is ok and everything is cleaned with anti-static solution. Thanks for the concern anyway.

Thanks for that tech manual guys. Thats going to my whitepaper folder.

davecich

we used to see this issue quite often with Flora built gantries

If you look at the vertical banding, it will line up with thescrews in the rails. The gantry is not flat. One of the million reasons we built our own manufacturing plant....

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have an older Vutek 3360....typically when we got vertical banding on it, the back pressure for some reason built up before the secondary ink tanks and caused it to happen. We had to shut the machine down, equalize the pressure then bring it back up. Little easier in solvent days possibly but it could be part of whats happening?

artbot

on these printers the manual explains some procedure for leveling out the pressure in the secondary tanks by zero-ing the reader then doing something else. every time i read it, i realize that i have limited reading comprehension and give up.

Kaiser

If you look at the vertical banding, it will line up with thescrews in the rails. The gantry is not flat. One of the million reasons we built our own manufacturing plant....

One of the things that I kept telling them. The issue was mechanical. The banding lined up with the screws. They paid no heed to what I had to say. then again.. Im just the operator.