• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG2 Printhead perfect, but prints are blotchy and grainy

swarnes

Hi,

It was suggested to clean the strip with a cloth, other than that I am not sure what issue is.

There is banding on blue, blotchy on red and green and grainy on other colours.

Any advise please?

The head test comes out perfect.

netsol

printhead MAY NOT be perfect.
you need a more experienced opinion than mine, but i believe you need to print out nozzle checks/test prints from the service menu. you may not be seeing an accurate representation of the head from nozzle check alone

damonCA21

Often a test print can look perfect, but the actual head is not. Try changing your settings and printing in high quality and see if that helps with the banding and colour solidity.You can also set the printer to overpass twice which lays down more ink and gives a much better solid colour

netsol

i will probably botch the explanation, but, i will try
a properly functioning head in this machine prints dots of differing size, in the process
of printing a full color range
the nozzle check is a "fast test" which is why we have more elaborate test prints in the service menu

netsol

SINCE YOU STILL HAVE A "PERFECT" NOZZLE CHECK, i will propose an experiment.
we have a chinese knockoff of the print head doctor . when people ask me if it works, i say yes, if you use it on a good head.

you might want to call the print head doctor in canada & speak to vlad, the owner/inventor

see if he thinks that overnighting the printhead to him for treatment would be a viable idea

i think vlad would give you an honest opinion, and i know they will do a competent job of cleaning the head. (he has a
"chemist" who fine tunes the recovery fluids for different chemistries and different printhead condition)

NOT SURE if this is a viable idea, but, i would be considering it, if it was my printhead & machine

might be the potential to save quite a bit over the price of purchasing and installing a new printhead.
overnight shipping is not cheap, and i am not sure of the workload you would have to put on hold for a few days,
it's just worth considering. i have thought about suggesting this in similar situations, but, i t seems you MIGHT be the
perfect test case

swarnes

Hi thanks for your responses, I have done a calibration and added 2 seconds of scan time, increased heat to stay at 40c, dryer 50c with these adjustments, its almost like the issue is gone. Will update.