• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl that will stick to a Pelican Case

SolitaryT

Have a customer that has some pelican cases that they want some stickers applied to. Anyone know off the top of their head what vinyl would be optimal for that use? I'm assuming it would need to have an extremely aggressive adhesive, as this is one of those types of plastic that normal vinyl just sluffs off of. Thanks in advance!

rjssigns

If it needs to be permanent I don't use vinyl. I have a local shop make lamicoid plaques which I attach with 4-40 or 6-32 hardware and ny-lok nuts. Works a treat and survives airline baggage handlers.

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
printing with a Edge...PermaGrip and the right application of heat and patience...
3M makes some pretty aggressive adhesives.
Theres a poly label stock but they also have a cast permagrip.
Convex makes some aggressive Grip too...
what are you printing with?

SolitaryT

What the project entails is forest service decals, about 7.5" square, going on these pelican cases for a Wildland Fire Academy. I don't believe that the decals are permanent, but they do need to last a week or so. I'd like to print them in house, but I'm at a loss for the type of vinyl to use. I've only run into this once before, but since that was a more permanent project, we went with a rigid material and fastened it to the plastic with hardware. This is a different beast entirely.

SolitaryT

printing with a Edge...PermaGrip and the right application of heat and patience...
3M makes some pretty aggressive adhesives.
Theres a poly label stock but they also have a cast permagrip.
Convex makes some aggressive Grip too...
what are you printing with?

Me have a Roland SP300V.

Get Lucky

Convex dose well with plastic. I also have some Oracal 3640 on one that has been on for about two years. The case is mounted to the tunnel on a snowmobile

Attachments

• FILE0707_-XL.jpg
    FILE0707_-XL.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 277