• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS540 Heat Settings on Platen uneven on the right and the left sides

Chuck Taylor

Can anyone tell me if it's normal for the platen on my VS540 to be a different temperature on the left and the right sides? I'm having a lot of problems with skewing when I print, lam and cut decals, and am now wondering if possibly the material is stretching more on one side than the other while printing, which might be causing this issue, although when I just do a print and cut, it seems to be okay.

damonCA21

They can vary a bit, but if its a big difference it sounds like a problem. There are a few reasons, it can be the heater control board isn't sending a signal to the heater on that side. Or the heater strip has failed. It could also be the thermistor is faulty so the printer isn't getting a correct reading from one side so isn't heating it as much as it should.
I would look at replacing the thermistor as they are the most likely part to fail.

Chuck Taylor

They can vary a bit, but if its a big difference it sounds like a problem. There are a few reasons, it can be the heater control board isn't sending a signal to the heater on that side. Or the heater strip has failed. It could also be the thermistor is faulty so the printer isn't getting a correct reading from one side so isn't heating it as much as it should.
I would look at replacing the thermistor as they are the most likely part to fail.
Thanks for your suggestion :)