• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VS540 new head, bad nozzle test

SIGN.DIVISION

Hey guys, so the tech came out and replaced the head on my vs540, greys were printing pink and I had no Lc on the nozzle test.. Also dampers, captop and ribbons. Got Lc back.. but the nozzle test was a bit funky. He’s messed around for a couple more hours $$$ and got it printing perfect Friday evening. I printed about 50”x120” of nested graphics on Monday and it looked great, then I noticed some banding, so I did a manual cleaning, still banding. Did a nozzle test and it looked funky, did a couple power cleans and it got a little better, but still bad. Now he wants to come back out and change the choke valve. What do you think?? I’m already 2 weeks behind and I already paid him extra to fix the issue. I attached the photo of the nozzle test. The bottom one is the first one. Please let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 6AE9A21C-6AEA-40CE-BD75-BBBCBFB1769E.jpeg
    6AE9A21C-6AEA-40CE-BD75-BBBCBFB1769E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 204

cornholio

Do a choke cleaning first. )Only available in service mode.)
I service VS since they were introduced and only had one case, where a tube in the choke valve had a tiny hole.