• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wasatch 6.2 on Windows 7 64bit

heyskull

I am on with upgrading all the work stations all with new i7 processors 16gig of Ram and SSD drive and 1tb storage and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
I have stumbled on the first one which is our primary RIP work station and am trying to install Wasatch 6.2 and it will not install.
My question is will Wasatch 6.2 install on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit?
I am getting nowhere with Wasatch, all they want is for you to upgrade to the latest version!!!
Is their a work around to install 32 bit programmes on 64 bit operating systems?

Cheers
SC

player

Windows 7 Professional will install both 32 and 64 bit programs.

Make sure you are installing as administrator, and somewhere you can use a compatibility mode to install. I had an older program that wouldn't run correctly and the compatibility mode worked.

heyskull

It will not install it comes up with a message.
I cannot remember what it says, but it is nothing about 32 bit programs, administration rights or compatibility issues.
I realize that Windows 7 Professional will install both 32 but not all of them!
Is their a work around do not want to shell out even more money to upgrade wasatch?

SC

WildWestDesigns

It will not install it comes up with a message.
I cannot remember what it says, but it is nothing about 32 bit programs, administration rights or compatibility issues.
I realize that Windows 7 Professional will install both 32 but not all of them!
Is their a work around do not want to shell out even more money to upgrade wasatch?

SC

Don't do an "autoran", open your optical drive folder in Windows Explorer, right click on setup.exe (or equilivant), go to properties>compatibility>run in compatibility mode and choose your settings.

Or you can start a virtual drive of XP in Win7 professor and try to run it in there if it will run in XP. This option isn't available on Home Premium, only on the "upper" versions, which you have one of them.

heyskull

Still struggling with this!!!
Can anyone get this working on Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit?
I am not willing to spend another $700+ on a RIP I already have and should work!
We have two copies of Signlab 9.1 with print and cut facilities but I have found that Signlabs RIP is a PIA to setup and run.
Wasatch was so much more easy and it prints great out of the box, I don't need or have the time to setup profiles for media that should of been done by Cadlink.

SC

WildWestDesigns

Still struggling with this!!!
Can anyone get this working on Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit?

Going to an even more current OS isn't, in most instances, going to improve your chances of getting this to work. Especially considering there seems to have been quite a bit of effort to make Win 7 a much easier switch for XP users. Even being able to run virtualization for the Pro and Ultimate versions. Win 8 (even Pro) doesn't have the same considerations, at least that I'm aware of, but I only have one machine with Win 8 and out of the two legacy programs that I used (CS4 and a digitizing program), one (CS4) installed without an issue, but the other program required me to manually move DLL files to get it to work.

I'm assuming XP as I do believe 6.2 came out in 2007, which is also when Vista first came out, but you may not have had Vista, since it was that new.

Is your optical disk even still good? They still do have a "lifespan", which on average is 10 yrs (at most yours would have been 7 yrs), but that does depend on storage etc as well. And remember 10 yrs is an average on it's own, some go longer, some go less.

What exactly was the message that it keeps on coming up with?

heyskull

Going to an even more current OS isn't, in most instances, going to improve your chances of getting this to work. Especially considering there seems to have been quite a bit of effort to make Win 7 a much easier switch for XP users. Even being able to run virtualization for the Pro and Ultimate versions. Win 8 (even Pro) doesn't have the same considerations, at least that I'm aware of, but I only have one machine with Win 8 and out of the two legacy programs that I used (CS4 and a digitizing program), one (CS4) installed without an issue, but the other program required me to manually move DLL files to get it to work.

I'm assuming XP as I do believe 6.2 came out in 2007, which is also when Vista first came out, but you may not have had Vista, since it was that new.

Is your optical disk even still good? They still do have a "lifespan", which on average is 10 yrs (at most yours would have been 7 yrs), but that does depend on storage etc as well. And remember 10 yrs is an average on it's own, some go longer, some go less.

What exactly was the message that it keeps on coming up with?

Sorry I did mean Windows 7 pro not 8.1.

I am going to have to come back to you on the exact message as the machine is not here at the moment.
Will check tonight and come back to you tomorrow.

Cheers
SC

heyskull

The error message reads:-
"a referral was returned from the server"

Hope this helps as it doesn't matter what mode it is set to it still will not get past this.

SC

WildWestDesigns

The error message reads:-
"a referral was returned from the server"

Hope this helps as it doesn't matter what mode it is set to it still will not get past this.

SC

It sounds like it's trying to get something from a remote server or there is something on a remote server preventing it from continuing on. I have no experience with an error msg like that though.

heyskull

When this was on my other RIP PC it was not connected to the internet.
I have also tried to install it on another PC running XP with no Ethernet connection and it installs with no problems.

SC

WildWestDesigns

When this was on my other RIP PC it was not connected to the internet.
I have also tried to install it on another PC running XP with no Ethernet connection and it installs with no problems.

SC

When you installed this on the Win 7 machine did it have an active ethernet connection? If so, try it without.

It may not have anything to do with any type of online verification, but anytime I see "server", I think of this.

Did you also try to run your Win 7 in a XP virtualization?

I find this somewhat strange, I know CS2, which is older then this software, runs just fine in Win 7. You have to change to Windows Basic (no 64 bit Window GUI), but it does that for you automatically and it otherwise, installs and runs fine.

heyskull

No it was not connected to the internet when installing. I have also tried with it connected with no luck.
None of the visualizations work even when sat as run as administrator.
I do not want to go back to running a 32bit version of windows 7 as I was wanting more RAM to run Wasatch.
I think and this can only be true that some parts of the Wasatch install is 16bit and windows 64bit will not run lowly 16bit programs!

SC

WildWestDesigns

No it was not connected to the internet when installing. I have also tried with it connected with no luck.
None of the visualizations work even when sat as run as administrator.
I do not want to go back to running a 32bit version of windows 7 as I was wanting more RAM to run Wasatch.
I think and this can only be true that some parts of the Wasatch install is 16bit and windows 64bit will not run lowly 16bit programs!

SC

If you are running the software within a virtual OS, the software doesn't know about the host OS, it is just going to think that it's (in this case) an XP environment. I'm not talking about just compatibility mode, there technically is only one virtualization mode that you can do within Win 7. Did you actually download XP (Pro and Ultimate users get free a legit version of XP for this application, Home users only have compatibility mode, they are not the same thing) for your Win 7 Pro, if you did not, then you aren't running virtualization. If you did, then there is something else going on that we aren't thinking about.

As to running more RAM, that isn't going to happen. The program that you are using itself is still 32 bit, it is going to limit you on ram usage, rather you are running it through the virtual environment of XP or are running it in Win 7 64 bit. The only way that you are going to get more ram for that program is to upgrade the program and that's if they have a 64 bit version out there. My digitizing program is still 32 bit even with it's most current version.