• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Web Design?

myronb

This may be a stupid question-- I may be trying to over simplify!

Can a person design a website using only photoshop & Imageready?

If so, does anyone know of a turorial?

Thanks,
Myron

SignProOhio

You can design it but you will need to write the html code in or use a wysiwyg editor such as frontpage or dreamweaver...i would suggest dreamweaver.

eforer

actually image ready can generate html, that said I wouldn't use it for that. I use dreamweaver for everything.

S

SignTech

agreed .. dreamweaver or front page if you are just starting out ... ;)

Replicator

This may be a stupid question-- I may be trying to over simplify!

Can a person design a website using only photoshop & Imageready?

If so, does anyone know of a turorial?

Thanks,
Myron

Yes and No . . . You could create the entire site in photoshop,
but you would then need an ImageMap program to create the links,
and the html pages for the code to go . . .

jiarby

you can draw a picture of your website, and slice it up, insert hot links (image mapping), and imageready will create the code to reassemble the whole mess into a table.

No key words, google just sees a table full of images so you dont get too much page rank for having "relevant contant".

Make the PSD, then hire some one in india to make it into a template for you ... probably cost less than $100

noregrets

Just a word of warning with graphic intensive sites (i.e. ones developed in photoshop etc)

If you develop your entire site in an application such as photoshop, all of your text will be an image (gif or jpeg) rather than straight forward text.

If you have all of your text in images rather than normal text you will encounter the following problems:

- Your site will be slower, as the graphics will take a while to load
- Search engines will not rank your pages very high, as they use the text in your site for their indexes.

HTML is very easy to learn and I would recommend getting a basic understanding of HTML and then suppliment this with SOME graphics created in photoshop etc.

I am more than happy to help if you have any specific questions...

Rob