• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Web Site and SEO HELP

danger

Anyone have any recommendations ? trying to get more exposure locally on the search engines Synergysignworks.com

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'll give you two freebies because you're from my home state.

You need to setup your Google places page for your company. I searched sign shops and sign makers in Manchester New Hampshire and you don't show up at all. If you setup your Google places page, for free, you will pop up on the map of whoever is searching next time. This will in turn help your website gain views.

You have a lot of pictures in your portfolio that are named as numbers rather than descriptive titles. Example: instead of, "Partial wrap on Ford F-150" as a title for a picture you have, "Image1234-9695.jpg". By naming images something specific, your site becomes more relevant to search engines because they want to be able to provide as much information as possible to searchers. If one site has just words about signs and the other has words and pictures, the one with the pictures gets the edge.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ha ha not too much more. I will tell you, this is all stuff I have picked up by pure necessity. Our eCommerce site is s big part of our business. There are some good books out there like SEO for dummies etc. and a lot of online resources. Never pay someone to do it for you! Most of them are probably pretty good but not worth the dough when you find out you can learn it all yourself with a little bit of time and effort.

Bigdawg

Just Me
That is some really good advice from VanderJ. We've basically done only that (make sure we were listed in Google places, name images with search terms people would use) and we appear on the first page of search results for most of our targeted products and services in our area. It has brought us some good leads and jobs.

The other thing I would recommend is make sure your content is relevant and readable. Don't let it read like a bunch of search terms strung together for the search engines. Google hates that now and will let you know their displeasure by lack of rankings in searches. Make sure there are a couple good paragraphs of copy with each page featuring your products/services. And write a meta description for each page - that is the blurb that will show up in Google search listings.

The last thing that helped us was longevity and good in-bound links from various professional groups we are a part of. Links to your page from pages that have no relevance (in Google's eyes) to your site will actually hurt you.

Good luck! And yes, you can do this yourself with a little work.