• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website Effectiveness

neato

I've started to build all my sites with Wordpress. I like it's functionality and ease of use for the end user. It does take some time to learn the ins and outs, but if you build sites for your customers, it's worth it.

www.signamigo.com (under construction currently)
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com

Just a couple examples of wordpress sites.

allamericantrade

The most important things for search engines now is social media. They look for facebook, twitter and so forth. I too have added FB Icons. Another great tip is to add a blog. I do not have the time yet to incorperate a blog into mine at this point. Meta tags are third on the list they look for. Make sure your meta tags are also listed in writing in the page itself or they overlook it. After all that has been situated ask everyone to like you on FB. Thats the reason all your commercials now are asking the same.

allamericantrade

Thanks! and now you know why it's so expensive to put a spacecraft into orbit...everythings' made out of medite and plexiglass so it's really heavy ;-)

If you where closer I would donate time just to work on some of that. It looks like a lot of fun. There is nothing better to me than to redefine the "norm" and think outside of the box a bit!

signswi

I've been a website designer since the 90s, I built our company site (on WordPress) and it does pretty good traffic. I also moonlight as an SEO/SEM though so I was able to rank us pretty quickly for our targeted keywords and long tail phrases. Paid for itself and my time in the first day, our previous site (before I came to this company) was basically just a "we exist" page and it did nothing for the company.

Hire someone with experience, even if you aren't doing eCommerce it will pay off. If you can't afford that, build it yourself on http://squarespace.com which is the most professional looking "template" site out there and also the easiest to use.

grampa dan

We use squarespace.com for our website. Easy to use.

Keeping the site current is critical. As others have said above content is the most important thing. I add to our blog 3-4 times a week and it drives a lot of traffic to our site. I post pictures of customer's projects there and progress as they are built (with permission) Customers visit often and send others to see their sign.

I use our website as a virtual portfolio.

We are currently getting 15,000 plus hits per month.

www.imaginationcorporation.com

-grampa dan

Stagecraft

"We are currently getting 15,000 plus hits per month."

Dan, that's probably because many of us look upon you with god-like reverence.
If anybody reading this hasn't seen Dan's work I'd suggest you visit his website or pick up a recent copy of Signcraft magazine...absolutely amazing work. - Boyd