• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what am i doing wrong

dortonracing

I have photoshop cs4, and when i make something and bring over to flexi it looks pixxed, and doenst print clear like a vector image does that would be made in flexi. If anyone could help thank you.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
You need to create a high resolution file if working in photoshop. That is the difference between vectors and raster (photoshop). A vector can be 1 inch tall or 100 inches and there are no resolution or clarity issues

Make sure you are working at full size at a minimum of 100dpi. Some lower res files are ok when viewed farther away. So viewing distance is an issue too

dortonracing

ok, even if i bring some text that has some effect into flexi to print it looks that way. What i was doing is have a flame in flexi that i save as a eps. file and open it in photoshop, then do some glows to it and stuff like that save it in photoshop and open back up in flexi but when i go to print it its jagged looking,

J Hill Designs

sounds like a definite resolution issue...maybe try doing the effects in illustrator instead? or when importing the eps into photoshop, there should be a dialogue to set resolution etc...

marcsitkin

Make sure that you set the physical size of the photoshop file to your final print size and set the resolution to at least 150 ppi before you start working with it.

If you are bringing vector art into photoshop this will insure that it has enough resolution to print smoothly at size.

Save it as a tiff to bring it into your RIP.

If the flame you make in is vector, make it about the size it will print at before you bring it into photoshop.