• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What do I do when I get this message?

stephenj148

I get this message when I'm using Illustrator and using a faded gradient, while also using the versaworks cutline swatch.

It has happened before that when I go into versaworks, my cutline is no longer recognized by versaworks and I cannot cut. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-01 at 11.33.23 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-01 at 11.33.23 AM.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 111

TheSnowman

I get that a lot too. I just hit continue and it's always fine. Mine happens when I'm applying my cutcontour line.

Graphicholik3

Graphoholik...The EPS Options window, where you can adjust you settings, pops up after this warning.

Oh okay! So than it's just warning you that you set a color to a specific spot color than you changed the transparency of that spot color so it's letting you know that it's no longer a spot color. Meaning it's letting you know that you chose a spot color to hit a specific color, but you changed it's transparency so it's not longer a spot color technically. It's now a opaque version of the original color that technically can't be recognized as a spot color any longer so you aren't surprised when you see the printed results.

Make sense?

iSign

iSign, from Illustrator to VersaWorks do you notice any problems in your print if you have a transparency or Effect such as a dropshadow?

I use Flexi, to output files to a Mimaki... but this sort of warning is a good example of why I have become comfortable with my personal workflow of exporting ALL my print files as RGB .tif files & never printing vector art. In this way i can check everything as a rastor file with no layers, transparencies, multiple color spaces, font issues, or a host of other "risks" that I perceive to be present in multi-element files

stephenj148

okay, i've tried everything and this still isnt working! I need to get these things printed and this transparency thing is not working. Anyone have any ideas?

redbarn

I get this also, when using spot color and cut lines. Something hokey is happening. Convert spot colors to rgb/cmyk and it takes care of it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
What redbarn said. Select that spot color and change it to RGB or CMYK. As mentioned most other programs cannot properly interpret spot colors with transparency applied to them.

Matt-Tastic

a spot color is jsut that, a spot. when you make it transparent, turn it to a gradient, put a shadow over it, it is no longer a spot color, and doesn't render like one. therefore, the 100% spot will print like a spot color, where the rest of the image will color correct as RGB/CMYK, typically showing different results based on the color settings on your RIP.

if you are doing any of the above things to a spot color, convert it to RGB, and the message, as well as any color variances, will be eliminated.