• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what dye subblimation printer to buy (8ft+)

bigben

I'm looking to get into dye sublimation printing. The main business is trade show display and all kind of interior design. I'm looking for something that can print miminum 8ft wide. From there, where do I go? Direct to fabric or transfer? What's the best printers in that area?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

bigben

no one? Is it because I did not set my question correctly?

Is there anyone here who make dye sublimation at 8ft and more?

nate

If you don't mind used, we'll have our Mimaki JV5320DS up sale soon. It does 126" wide printing.

Nate

dispen

There are Chinese and Japanese printer companies you can check.
I personally advice one of the approved printer production companies such mimaki, roland and mutoh.
There is a very interesting tip about print heads. You MUST keep in mind about printhead replacement.
Mostly; Mimaki, Roland and Mutoh were using DX5 and DX7 printheads which are produced by Epson which is itself a printer manufacturer as well.
As time passes, the deals between companies and Epson are over (or something) and Epson encourages us to buy their own printers.
Whatever the reason is, the result is Mimaki releases printers with different printhead manufacturers such as ts5000 (Ricoh printhead) and ts300 (Panasonic printhead).
Other companies (including Chinese printer manufacturers) will probably switch from Epson printhead to another brand.
What I think is, I don't know what to do. It is like a gamble to choose the printer+printhead combination.
I personally know only Epson DX5 and DX7 printheads. For that reason, I would go with DX7.

expoexpress

we have three dGen textile printer with 12ft wide. The investment is not only the printer. It's the air, cutting plotters, room, large tables for the finishing, sewing and good staff. We have invested in our Textile Printing Production About $ 400,000.

The question is what you want to produce? Only flags you can also work well with a Mimaki. But for large formats you have to invest.

We only make textile printing and selling our 3x5ft flag for $ 23.00 (for one). Ask yourself how much a textile printer will cost you - how many customers you have the need flags daily.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree about the Mutoh 2638 printer. It's fast and reliable. You can also get the heavy duty take up reel which helps a lot with dye sublimation as the feed of the material is consistent across an entire roll. Your budget is perfect for this printer. Feel free to give us a call for more information.

303-733-6671