• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What happened to the "add stroke" option in Illy?

spudcity

I have CS2 and recently I have not been able to locate the add stroke feature. I can figure out ways to add strokes without it, but the problem is on some of my older designs that I still use that have a second stroke are not able to be adjusted. I can't even access the second stroke to change its color.

What I want to do is make the printed portion of the design larger without affecting the cutpath to increase my overprint.

Any ideas on where this feature went or how I can resize the fill and keep the stroke the same? Or, am I just better off redoing the designs?

Thanks

spudcity

thanks, lately things keep disapearing on me and I have to refind them.

Today, I can't get the box around my text to re-size it. lol

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Would this be the way to make an outline or contour too? I've been using a stroke with the pen tool in whatever thickness i need, then converting it afterwards.

It is not ideal as this creates both an inner and outer line, plus if there is a fill you have the third line. So you have 2 options. Use the offset path tool or if you use the stroke tool you have to convert to outlines and then remove the extra un-needed lines

To remove those lines you have to break apart first to delete or use the direct solution [shortcut A] to select just that line and delete