• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What large format vinyl would solve this problem, economically

Billct2

I have a project where I need to cover aprx 12 existing gatorfoam panels with white vinyl. They interior and are 60"x68" and smooth.
I have to use something that is opaque. So I need something 60" wide, but I guess I could live with seams if absolutely necessary,
but would prefer not to. I don't want to have to laminate the material. I am considering a calendared wrapping film, or printing film.
But I was also thinking a wall vinyl might work. I don't deal with these types of materials a lot so I thought I'd ask to see if there is anything
I'm missing. We're pretty good at laying down large vinyl panels, but ease of application is still a plus. Oh, and did I mention it has to be
economical, ie cheap. Thanks for any suggestions.

GB2

Old Member
Bill, you need something with a block-out adhesive. What kind of finish do you need matte or gloss? Something that I use a lot is 3M IJ36-20, which is a matte calendared vinyl with a removable grey adhesive that makes it opaque and is very economical. Unfortunately I only have 54" width in stock but it does come 61.5" width. There is also a similar product 3M IJ35C-10 (Gloss) or 3M IJ35C-20 (Matte), which comes in 60" and is the same thing only with a permanent adhesive. I'd split something with you if you want.

Billct2

Hi Gary
The IJ35C looks like a possibility, have you ever used it without laminating or transfer tape? We will be able to lay the panel down on a table while we work on them.

TimToad

Hi Gary
The IJ35C looks like a possibility, have you ever used it without laminating or transfer tape? We will be able to lay the panel down on a table while we work on them.

Its too thin to lay without tape or lamination in my opinion.

Why not use some 6mil semi-rigid calendared? We use it for temporary stuff and short term bumper stickers all the time. Its so thick and stiff, you can apply the way you've stated and its pretty opaque.

Its called Concept 22. Sign-Mart- $135 per roll 54"x100'

Billct2

Good to know Gary. We have handled some pretty miserable materials supplied by customers so I think we could handle it if that's the way we go.

GB2

Old Member
Depending on what you are applying it to, one of my first choices for application would be a big squeegee. That usually works pretty good but sometimes you may end up with some slight bubbles but you can work it out pretty easy.